Father Joseph Hickey
Archdiocese of New York
- 1957: St. Columba’s (Chester, NY)
- 1958-1959: St. Agnes (Manhattan, NY)
- 1960-1973: St. Joseph’s (New Paltz, NY)
- 1968-1973: State University College at New Paltz (New Paltz, NY)
- 1973-1977: Sacred Heart (Hartsdale, NY)
- 1978-1992: St. Mary’s (Wappingers Falls, NY)
- 1993-1998: St. Francis Xavier (New York, NY)
- 1999-2002: Transfiguration Church (Tarrytown, NY)
- 2002: Retired
- 2003-2004: Unknown
- 2007-2013: Department of Veterans Affairs Hospitals and Chaplains (NY)
- 2009-2012: Hudson Valley Healthcare (Castle Point, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Joseph Hickey:
Fr. Joseph Hickey is listed on the Archdiocese of New York’s 2019 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor or the Subject of Eligible IRCP Compensation Claims.
The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the alleged abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown. During his retirement, Hickey purportedly worked at the VA Medical Center in Montrose from 1998 to 2011 and Marymount College in Tarrytown, NY, from 2004 to 2012.
His status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 2002 until his death is unknown. Hickey died in 2014.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.