Father Joseph P. Adamo
Archdiocese of New York
- 1943-1944: Our Lady of the Peace (New York, NY)
- 1944-1946: St. Clare of Assisi (New York, NY)
- 1947-1948: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (New York, NY)
- 1948-1949: Santa Maria (Bronx, NY)
- 1950-1951: Sacred Heart (Newburgh, NY)
- 1952-1957: St. Dominic’s (New York, NY)
- 1958-1959: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Elmsford, NY)
- 1960-1961: Our Lady of the Peace (New York, NY)
- 1962-1964: Holy Rosary (New York, NY)
- 1965-1966: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel-St. Benedict (Staten Island, NY)
- 1967-1972: Sacred Heart (Dobbs Ferry, NY)
- 1973-1981: Santa Maria (Bronx, NY)
- 1982-1986: Most Blessed Sacrament Church (Bally, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Joseph Adamo:
For over 40 years, Fr. Joseph Adamo served the New York City Archdiocese. Adamo was named on the Archdiocese of New York’s 2019 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, are unknown. According to the Archdiocese of New York, Adamo was removed from the ministry before his death in 2003.
Adamo’s status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 1987 until his death in 2003 is unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.