Father Robert Carden
Archdiocese of New York
- 1958-1961: St. John Evangelist (Beacon, NY)
- 1962-1963: St. James’ (New York, NY)
- 1967-1983: St. Pius V (New York, NY)
- 1985-1986: St. Jude’s (New York, NY)
- 1987-1998: Absent on Sick Leave
- 1989-1995: St. Francis Xavier (Pueblo, CO)
- 1996-2002: St. Joseph Church (Pueblo, CO)
- 1997-2003: St. Therese Church (Vineland, CO)
- 1999-2002: On Duty Outside the Archdiocese (NY)
- 2003-2008: Retired
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Robert Carden:
Fr. Robert Carden was ordained a priest in the Archdiocese of New York in 1957 before relocating to Colorado. Carden was named on the Archdiocese of New York’s 2019 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.
According to the Archdiocese of New York, Carden has been removed from ministry. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the alleged abuse occurred or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Carden’s status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 2003 until his death is also unknown. Carden died in 2008.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.