Father Roy A. Drake
Archdiocese of New York/Jesuits
- 1963-1964: Seismologist at Weston Observatory (Weston, MA)
- 1964-1965: Jesuit Tertianship at Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1965-1971: Fordham Preparatory School (Bronx, NY)
- 1966-1970: Assistant Director of Seismic Observatory at Fordham University (Bronx, NY)
- 1969-1971: Oceanography Graduate Student at New York University (Manhattan, NY)
- 1971-1977: Graduate Student at University of Maine (Orono, ME)
- 1974-1977: Teacher and Project Director at Maine Maritime Academy (Castine, ME)
- 1978-1979: Jesuits at Le Moyne (Syracuse, NY)
- 1979-1980: Leonard Neale House (Washington, DC)
- 1980-1984: Prefect of Dolan Hall at John Carroll University (Cleveland, OH)
- 1986-1993: Le Moyne College (Syracuse, NY)
- 1993: Member of Board of Directors at Gobind Sadan (Palermo, NY)
- 1993-1994: Administrator at Christ the King Retreat House (Syracuse, NY)
- 1994-2006: Murray-Weigel Hall (New York City, NY)
- 2003-2004: Faculty at Center for Spiritual Development (Rye, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Roy A Drake:
According to media reports, in 2005, allegations were made, stating that while Fr. Roy A Drake was assigned to Fordham Prep in the New York Archdiocese, he raped and sodomized a 13-year-old boy in 1969 while on an overnight stay at Drake’s apartment on campus before a ski trip.
After the first allegations of abuse came to light, Drake became a patient at the Vianney Renewal Center in Dittmer, Missouri in 2006. Vianney Renewal Center is a sexual abuse treatment center operated by the Servants of the Paraclete.
In 2014, Drake was accused of sexually abusing a 16-year-old boy on June 30, 1974, while Drake worked at Maine Maritime Academy located in the Portland, Maine Diocese. Drake was also assigned in the Dioceses of Boston, Seattle, Grand Rapids or Saginaw, Syracuse, Washington, and Cleveland. He also gave hundreds of workshops and retreats in the U.S. and internationally.
Drake was named on the 2019 Jesuits Northeast Province list. It states reports made in 2003 and 2006 of abuse that took place in 1973 and 1968.
Drake was a resident at Vianney Renewal Center until he died in 2008.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.