Abbot Timothy Kelly
Archdiocese of New York/Benedictines
- 1961: Church of the Visitation (Minneapolis, MN)
- 1961-1962: St. John’s Abbey (Collegeville, MN)
- 1962-1963: Colegio del Tepeyac (Mexico)
- 1963-1964: Mexicano-Norteamericano Instituto Relaciones Culturales (Mexico)
- 1964-1965: Saint Augustine’s College (Bahamas)
- 1965-1972: Saint Anselm (Bronx, NY)
- 1972-1978: Mount Saint Benedict (Crookston, MN)
- 1979-1980: Monastic Institute of International College of St. Anselm, (Rome, Italy)
- 1980-1988: St. John’s Abbey (Collegeville, MN)
- 1989-1991: Belmont Abbey (Belmont, NC)
- 1992-2000: St. John’s University (Collegeville, MN)
- 2001-2010: St. John’s Abbey (Collegeville, MN)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Abbot Timothy Kelly:
Abbot Timothy Kelly was a Benedictine priest in the Archdiocese of New York. According to the lawsuit filed in 2011, Kelly was accused of sexually abusing a minor altar boy at St. Anselm’s in the Bronx, New York from 1966 to 1967. He has been accused of sexually abusing two other survivors, one of whom alleges sexual abuse at St. Anselm’s in Bronx, New York, and another who alleges abuse in Mexico and in Minnesota.
The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the victim’s age and gender, are unknown. Kelly died in 2010 from Cancer after a brief retirement from St. John’s Abbey in Minnesotta.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.