Father David LaPierre
Diocese of Fresno (Franciscan)
- 1970: Immaculate Friary and Seminary (Garrison, NY)
- 1971-1973: Capuchin Franciscan Fathers (Santa Ana, CA)
- 1974-1977: Mater Dei High School (Santa Ana, CA)
- 1978: St. Francis High School (La Canada Flintridge, CA)
- 1979-1982: Capuchin Franciscan Fathers (Santa Ana, CA)
- 1983- 1988: St. Francis High School (La Canada Flintridge, CA)
- 1989-1991: St. Francis of Assisi (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1992-2003: Fresno Community Hospital, Valley Medical Center, Veterans’ Hospital, Sierra Community Hospital & Valley Children’s Hospital (Fresno, CA)
- 2004-2019: Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father David LaPierre:
Fr. David LaPierre was ordained a Capuchin priest in 1969, who served in the Diocese of Fresno. According to media reports, he was accused of sexually abusing at least one child in a civil lawsuit, The alleged abuse occurred from 1983 to 1984 at St. Francis High School in La Canada Flintridge, CA. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Fr. LaPierre’s name was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2019 list of priests credibly accused of sexual misconduct involving minors. As of 2016, records indicate that Fr. LaPierre is living in Cottonwood, CA. His status as a priest or whether he has access to children is unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Fresno in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Fresno now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of Fresno, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.