Father James LeBar
Archdiocese of New York
- 1962-1965: St. John the Evangelist (White Plains, NY)
- 1965-1967: St. Catherine Laboure (Lake Katrine, NY)
- 1967: St. Gregory Barbarigo (Garnerville, NY)
- 1966-1970: John A. Coleman Catholic (Hurley, NY)
- 1967-1973: St. Josephs (Kingston, NY)
- 1973-1979: St. Catherine Laboure (Lake Katrine, NY)
- 1979-1980: St. Stanislaus (Pleasant Valley, NY)
- 1980-1982: Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Poughkeepsie, NY)
- 1982-2005: Hudson Valley Psychiatric Center (Poughkeepsie, NY)
- 2006-2007: Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father James LeBar:
Known as the Chief Exorcist for the Archdiocese of New York, Fr. James LeBar was accused of sexually abusing a minor at St. Joseph’s Church in Kingston, New York in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
Lebar was listed on the Archdiocese of New York’s 2019 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor or the Subject of Eligible IRCP Compensation Claims.
The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the victim’s age and gender, are unknown. LeBar’s status as a priest, whereabouts, and whether he had access to children from 2006 until his death is unknown.
Lebar died in 2008.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.