Msgr. Joseph Pacheco
Diocese of Fresno
Assigned as Follows:
- 1957-1961: Naval Ordnance Test Station (China Lake, CA)
- 1961-1967: St. Aloysius; St. Rita’s (Tulare, CA)
- 1967-1971: Sacred Heart (Merced, CA)
- 1971-1973: Catholic Church of Merced (Merced, CA)
- 1971-1973: St. John the Baptist (Hopeton, CA)
- 1977-1981: Catholic Church of Merced (Merced, CA)
- 1977-1981: St. John the Baptist (Hopeton, CA)
- 1977-1981: St. George (El Nido, CA)
- 1981-1986: Holy Ghost (Gustine, CA)
- 1981-1987: Vicars Forane (Fresno, CA)
- 1986-1992: Our Lady of Miracles (Gustine, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Monsignor Joseph Pacheco:
Msgr. Joseph Pacheco was ordained a priest in 1957, who served in the Diocese of Fresno. According to media reports, in 2003, a lawsuit was filed against the Diocese of Monterey claiming they had covered up child sexual abuse done by Msgr. Joseph Pacheco. The alleged abuse reportedly took place at the parishes that Msgr. Pacheco worked at in Tulare, California in the early 1960’s. The lawsuit was settled in 2006, and Bishop Steinbeck publicly apologized for the sexual abuse done by Pacheco. He also acknowledged the fact that Joseph Pacheco had more than one victim through his work in the Monterey and Fresno Dioceses.
He died in 1992.
No further information has been released by the Diocese of Monterey or the Diocese of Fresno; where Pacheco spent part of his career as well.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Fresno in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Fresno now have legal options due to a temporary change in California law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.