Brother Camillus Cavagnaro
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Franciscan)
- 1947-1961: Native American Missions (AZ)
- 1961-1964: (Spokane, WA)
- 1964-1971: San Solano Missions
- 1971-1973: St. Joseph’s (Mescalero, NM)
- 1973-1978: San Solano Missions (Topawa & Sells, AZ)
- 1978 – 1984: St. Francis Mission (Whiteriver, AZ)
- 1984: (San Carlos, AZ)
- 1984-1985: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1985-1986: Native American Missions (AZ)
- 1986 – 1989: (Pine Ridge, SD)
- 1989: St. Francis (Provo, UT)
- 1990: St. Francis (Tularosa, NM)
- 1990-2002: Casa Franciscana (Guaymas, Sonora, MEXICO)
- 2002-2005: San Xavier del Bac (Tucson, AZ)
- 2005-2006: Old Mission (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 2006-2007: San Xavier del Bac (Tucson, AZ)
- 2007-2010: ElderCare Facility (Tucson, AZ)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Brother Camillus Cavagnaro:
Br. Camillus Cavagnaro was ordained a priest in 1946, and served in the Diocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, he was accused of child sexual abuse in a report that was received by the Franciscans in 2004. The report states that the alleged abuse took place between 1962-1965, a timeframe that partially overlaps one of his stints on the O’odham reservation. The details of the abuse are unknown.
Br. Cavagnaro died in Tucson in 2011 at the age of 92. He was named publicly as accused by the Santa Barbara Province Franciscans on its 2019 list. He is also on the Las Cruces, Gallup, and Phoenix Dioceses lists of credibly accused clergy of sexual abuse of a minor.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.