Brother Philip Colloty
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Franciscan)
- 1950 – 1952: St. Elizabeth (Oakland, CA)
- 1952 – 1953: St. Turibius (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1953 – 1957: St. Clare’s (Portland, OR)
- 1957 – 1958: Queen of Angels Hospital (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1957 & 1958: 2 Summers at San Antonio Mission (Jolon, CA)
- 1958 – 1961: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1961 – 1972: St. Anthony’s (San Francisco, CA)
- 1972 – 1973: St. Joseph’s Hospital (San Francisco, CA)
- 1973 – 1975: Old Mission (Santa Barbara, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Brother Philip Colloty:
Br. Philip Colloty was ordained a Franciscan priest in 1975, and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, he was named publicly as accused by the Santa Barbara Province Franciscans on their 2019 list of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. The list noted that the alleged abuse occurred while working at Old Mission in Santa Barbara from 1973-1975 and that it was first reported in 2010. He is also listed on the Oakland Diocese’s 2019 list. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the victim’s age/gender, are unknown. Br. Colloty died in 1976.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.