Father David Cousineau
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1973-1975: Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church (North Hills, CA)
- 1976-1977: St. Ambrose Catholic Church (West Hollywood, CA) Catholic Welfare Bureau
- 1978: Catholic Charities of Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1979-1985: St. Anthony Catholic Church (Long Beach, CA)
- 1984: Saints Peter and Paul (Wilmington, CA)
- 1985: Our Lady of Loretto Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1986-1993: Catholic Charities of Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1994-Present: Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father David Cousineau:
Fr. David Cousineau was ordained a priest in 1972, and served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, he was accused of sexually abusing a minor between 1970 and 1973. At least one survivor has come forward to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, and the priest was named in at least one civil lawsuit.
Fr. Cousineau married in July of 1994, and was suspended from ministry just two months later. His name was included on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2004 list of priests accused of sexual misconduct involving minors. At one point, Fr. Cousineau was believed to be living in Camano Island, WA. Fr. Cousineau’s status as a priest, his current whereabouts, and whether he has access to children are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.