Father Felipe Baldonado
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Franciscan)
- 1939-1942: St. Boniface (Banning, CA)
- 1942-1943: St. Turibius (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1943-1944: Precious Blood (Banning, CA)
- 1944-1947: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1947-1949: St. Turibius (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1949-1950: St. Mary’s (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1951-1952: St. Francis Retreat House (San Juan Bautista, CA)
- 1953: St. George (Seattle, WA)
- 1953-1958: Mission to Migrant Workers (OH)
- 1959-1962: Franciscan Theological Seminary, Old Mission (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1963: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1964-1967: Sacred Heart (Phoenix, AZ)
- 1967-1969: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1969: Holy Cross Retreat (Mesilla Park, NM)
- 1969-1986: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1986-2002: SS Simon and Jude (Huntington Beach, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Felipe Baldonado:
Fr. Felipe Baldonado was ordained a Franciscan priest in 1938 and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 2019, his name was included in the Franciscan Friars Province of Saint Barbara’s List of Franciscan Friars from the St. Barbara Province with Credibly (sic) Claims of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. It noted a report was made in 2003, alleging that Fr. Baldonado sexually abused a minor in 1959. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including where the alleged abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Fr. Baldonado died in 2003, which was the same year the allegation was reported.
In 2019, his name was also listed on the Diocese of Las Cruces’ list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse, as well as, on the Diocese of Stockton lists in 2020.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.