Father James O’Grady
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1954-1957: St. Mary’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1957-1958: St. Anthony’s (El Segundo, CA)
- 1958-1964: St. Marina de Paredes (Pico Rivera, CA)
- 1964-1970: St. Catherina of Siena (Reseda, CA)
- 1970-1972: St. Clement (Santa Monica, CA)
- 1972-1973: Our Lady of Assumption (Claremont, CA)
- 1973-1983: St. Gregory Nazianzen (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1983-2001: St. Anthony (El Segundo, CA)
- 2001: Retired
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father James O’Grady:
Fr. James O’Grady was ordained a priest in 1954 who served in several parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 1997, he was investigated by the police after he was accused of child sexual abuse of a former altar girl years earlier.
In 2001, Fr. O’Grady retired home to Glen Keen, Louisburgh in Ireland to help his elderly brother, who was in ill health.
Fr. O’Grady died in March 2013 at the age of 86. His whereabouts and whether he had access to children from 2001 until his death are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.