Father John Lawrence Brennan
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1932-1933: Good Shepherd (Beverly Hills, CA)
- 1934-1935: Catholic University (Washington, DC)
- 1936-1939: St. Vibiana’s Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1940-1941: St. Augustine’s (Culver City, CA)
- 1942-1944: St. John’s Hospital (Santa Monica, CA)
- 1945-1947: Holy Family Church (Glendale, CA)
- 1948-1951: St. Catherine’s (Catalina Island, CA)
- 1952-1959: St. Gerard Majella (Culver City, CA)
- 1960-1979: Saints Peter and Paul (Wilmington, CA)
- 1980: Unknown
- 1981-1982: Retired, Saints Peter and Paul (Wilmington, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father John Lawrence Brennan:
Fr. John Lawrence Brennan was ordained a priest in 1932, and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, he was accused of sexually abusing a child between 1954 and 1956 while he was pastor at St. Gerard Majella Catholic Church in Los Angeles, California. The details of the sexual abuse allegations or the victim’s age/gender are unknown.
Fr. Brennan died in 1983. He is listed on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2004 List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.