Father John O’Byrne
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1961-1963: St. Jane Frances (Hollywood, CA)
- 1963-1965: St. Lawrence Martyr (Redondo Beach, CA)
- 1965-1966: Immaculate Conception (Monrovia, CA)
- 1966-1968: Mission San Juan (Capistrano, CA)
- 1968-1972: Nativity (Torrance, CA)
- 1972: Precious Blood (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1972-1976: St. Anthony of Padua (Gardena, CA)
- 1976-2016: St. Catherine Laboure (Torrance, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father John O’Byrne:
Fr. John O’Byrne was ordained a priest in 1961 who served in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles for 54 years. He served at St. Catherine Laboure for 36 years, and was pastor there for 25 years before his retirement in 2012.
According to media reports, he was accused of sexually abusing a minor from 1965 to 1966 while serving at Immaculate Conception in Monrovia, California. He has been named in at least one civil lawsuit. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the alleged abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.