Father Joseph DiPeri
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Extern)
- 1956-1960: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Jersey City, NJ)
- 1960-1962: St. Anthony’s (Belleville, NJ)
- 1960-1962: Clara Maas Hospital (Belleville, NJ)
- 1960-1962: Essex County Youth House
- 1962-1967: St. Lucy’s (Newark, NJ)
- 1963-1967: St. James High School (Newark, NJ)
- 1967-1977: Oratory School (Summit, NJ)
- 1977-1978: Chaminade Preparatory High School (Canoga Park, CA)
- 1978-1980: Oratory School (Summit, NJ)
- 1981: Unknown
- 1982-1986: St. Cecilia Regional High School (Englewood, NJ)
- 1987-2005: Unknown
- 2005-2006: Trenton, NJ
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Joseph DiPeri:
Fr. Joseph B. DiPeri was ordained a priest in 1956, and served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in September 2002, he was accused of sexually abusing a student at Chaminade Preparatory High School in 1977 to 1978. He was permanently removed from ministry in 2003 after the Archdiocese of Newark learned that he had been credibly accused of sexual abuse of a child in California.
Fr. DiPeri died in 2007. He was not listed in the Official Catholic Directories beyond 1986. Before Fr. DiPeri’s death, he was reportedly living at a retirement home in the Diocese of Trenton and was on the Archdiocese of Newark’s permanent monitoring system.
Fr. DiPeri was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ List of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor, as well as Newark’s. His whereabouts and whether he had access to minors from approximately 1987 until his death in 2007 are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.