Father Ozias Bailey Cook
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1933-1934: St. Monica (Santa Monica, CA)
- 1934-1940: St. Victor (West Hollywood, CA)
- 1940: St. John the Evangelist (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1940-1947: Active Service
- 1947-1949: Mission San Juan Capistrano (San Juan Capistrano)
- 1949-1951: Our Lady of Fatima (San Clemente, CA)
- 1951-1952: La Purisima Concepcion (Lompoc, CA)
- 1952-1957: Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1957-1978: Santa Barbara High School (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1978-1981: Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1981-1984: Retired (Solvang, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Ozias Bailey Cook:
Fr. Ozias Bailey Cook was ordained a priest in 1940, and served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, he was accused of sexually abusing a student from 1974-1975 while assigned to Santa Barbara Catholic High School. The abuse was first reported in 2010, and Fr. Cook was named publicly by the Los Angeles Archdiocese on its updated list in 2018 of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.
Fr. Cook retired in 1981 and died in 1984 before allegations came to light.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.