Father Ricardo Mejia
Diocese of San Diego
Assigned as Follows:
- 1977: St. Michael (San Diego, CA)
- 1977-1978: Padre Hidalgo Center (San Diego, CA)
- 1978: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Calexico, CA)
- 1978-1980: Our Lady of Angels (San Diego, CA)
- 1980: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (San Ysidro, CA)
- 1980-1985: St. Mary (Escondido, CA)
- 1985-1988: St. John of the Cross (Lemon Grove, CA)
- 1988-1991: Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Brawley, CA)
- 1991: Leave of Absence (Military)
- 1991-1992: St. Mary Star of the Sea (Oceanside, CA)
- 1992-1998: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (San Ysidro, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Ricardo Mejia:
Father Ricardo Mejia was ordained a priest in 1977, who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of San Diego. He took a health sabbatical in May 1998 and officially retired from the priesthood in February 2006. According to media reports, in March 2007, his name was included on a list of 38 priests accused of sexually molesting minors released by the Diocese of San Diego. It noted Father Mejia was “removed.” No specific information has been released about the allegations.
His current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Diego in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Diego now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.