Father Thomas Dove
Archdiocese of Los Angeles (Paulists)
- 1962: Catholic Information Center (Boston, MA)
- 1963-1965: St. Rose of Lima (Layton, UT)
- 1966-1976: St. Paul The Apostle (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1977-1985: Paulist Fathers Generalate (Scarsdale, NY)
- 1986-1992: St. Mary (Chicago, IL)
- 1993-1994: St. Patrick’s (Memphis, TN)
- 1994: Paulist Fathers (New York)
- 1995-2017: Old St. Mary’s Cathedral (San Francisco, CA)
- 2000-2011: Paulist Fathers Generalate (Jamaica Estates, NY)
- 2004-2017: Retired
- 2018-Present: Paulist House (San Francisco, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Thomas Dove:
Fr. Thomas Joseph Dove was ordained a priest of the Paulist Fathers in 1961, and served in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, in 2014, he was accused of sexually abusing a young girl from 1972 to 1974, while serving at the Catholic Information Center in Los Angeles, CA.
Fr. Dove reportedly withdrew from public ministry and was forbidden to function publicly as a priest. He was named on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2008 list of Archdiocesan Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. Fr. Dove was also named on the Paulist Fathers’ 2019 “List of Paulist Fathers with Credible Claims of Sexual Abuse of a Minor” and on the Memphis Diocese’s report in 2020. As of 2019, Fr. Dove is believed to be residing at the Paulist House in San Francisco, California.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.