Monsignor George Gallagher
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Assigned as follows:
- 1928-1930 Immaculate Heart of Mary Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1930-1933 St. Monica Church (Santa Monica, CA)
- 1934-1936 St. Mary Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1937 St. Mary Church (Santa Maria, CA)
- 1938-1940 Our Lady of Loretto Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1941 St. Rose of Lima Church (Simi, CA)
- 1942-1945 St. Gertrude Church (Bell Gardens, CA)
- 1946-1978 Holy Trinity Catholic Church (San Pedro, CA)
- 1979-1983 Retired (San Pedro, CA)
- 1982-1983 Holy Trinity Catholic Church (San Pedro, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Monsignor George Gallagher:
Monsignor George Gallagher was ordained a priest in 1928 who served in multiple parishes in the for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and San Diego. According to media reports, he has been accused of child sexual abuse by at least two people. He retired in 1979 and died in 1983.
In 2003, Monsignor Gallagher was named in a civil lawsuit alleging that he repeatedly sexually abused a minor girl from 1953 to 1962. His name appeared in the 2005 Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ report addendum of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. In January 2013, his personnel file was released.
Monsignor Gallagher’s current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.