Monsignor John Joseph Hackett
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Assigned as follows:
- 1936: St. Cecilia’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1937-1939: Holy Trinity (Burbank, CA)
- 1940-1943: Holy Cross (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1944: St. Michael’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1945-1946: St. Ann’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1947-1949: St. Sebastian’s (Santa Paula, CA)
- 1950-1985: St. Catherine of Siena (Reseda, CA)
- 1986-1987: Retired
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Monsignor John Joseph Hackett:
Monsignor John Joseph Hackett served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, he was accused in a civil lawsuit of sexually abusing a child in 1969 while he was serving at St. Catherine of Siena in Reseda, CA. He retired in 1986 and died in December 1988.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.