Monsignor Kenneth O’Brien
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1940-1941: St. Brendan’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1941-1946: St. Bernard’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1946-1949: Catholic University (Washington DC,
- 1949-1954: Holy Name of Jesus (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1954-1955: Cathedral of St. Vibiana (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1955-1962: St. Ann’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1960: Named monsignor
- 1962-1966: St. Peter’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1966-1967: St. Mark’s (Venice, CA)
- 1967-1971: Divine Saviour (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1971-1976: Retired but active in Archdiocesan Tribunal
- 1976-1987: Special Assignment
- 1987-1988: Not indexed in the 1988 Directory
- 1989-1999: Retired but still active in Archdiocesan Tribunal
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Msgr. Kenneth O’Brien:
Msgr. Kenneth O’Brien was ordained a priest in 1940, who served in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles as a canon lawyer and held multiple church positions from 1949 to 1999 According to media reports, his name was quietly added, along with 23 others to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ January 2013 Final Addendum to the Report to the People of God. It listed two dozen religious leaders with credible allegations of inappropriate sexual contact with minors. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the alleged abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
He died in November 1999.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.