Fr. James Walsh – Archdiocese of Los Angeles

On Behalf of | Nov 3, 2020 | Abuser Profiles, Catholic Church

Father James Walsh

Archdiocese of Los Angeles

Ordained: Unknown

Died: 1984

Assigned as follows:

  • 1950:                Sacred Heart (Altadena, CA)
  • 1951-1956:      St. Helen (South Gate, CA)
  • 1957-1963:      St. Rita (Sierra Madre, CA)
  • 1964-1984:      St. Louise de Marillac (Covina, CA)

Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father James Walsh:

Father James Walsh was ordained a priest who served in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, he was named in a lawsuit alleging he sexually abused a child from 1967 to 1968. No further information regarding the allegation including age/gender of the victim, or the priest’s assignment at the time of the alleged abuse was disclosed.

Father James Walsh died in 1984. His name appeared on the Los Angeles archdiocesan report, Errata notice # 1 list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.

In 2003, Fr. Walsh was reportedly one of many priests who were angered by an anti-Catholic media bias, which they believe sensationalizes pedophile priests while ignoring the wider problem.

“All these stories represent 2 to 3 percent of priests,” Walsh said. “Then all of a sudden, the other 97 percent get thrown in. Sexual abuse is mainly parents, grandparents, relatives, trusted friends. The one possible good that could come out of this is to say: What are we going to do in this nation to protect our children from sexual abuse? Because it’s a big iceberg. And clergy sexual abuse is one chip.”

Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.  If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us.  Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.

Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.