Brother Josef Prochnow
Archdiocese of San Francisco/Franciscans
- 1964-1965: St. Mary’s (Stockton, CA)
- 1965-1971: Our Lady of the Rosary (Union City, CA)
- 1972-1978: St. Anthony’s Seraphic Seminary (Santa Barbara, CA)
- 1979: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1980-1988: Los Angeles, CA
- 1988-1991: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1991-1993: 3rd World Mission Experience (Guatemala)
- 1993-1995: Portland, OR
- 1995-1996: Immaculate Conception (San Francisco, CA)
- 1996-1997: St. Anthony’s (San Francisco, CA)
- 1997-2000: Berkeley, CA
- 05/2000-07/2000: St. Joseph’s (Los Angeles, CA)
- 2000-2004: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 2004-2007: San Damiano (Danville, CA)
- 03/2005-05/2000: San Francisco, CA
- 2007-2019: San Damiano (Danville, CA)
- 2019-present: Elder Care Facility in CA
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Brother Josef Prochnow:
Br. Josef Prochnow was a Franciscan priest in the Archdiocese of San Francisco who was accused of child sexual abuse in the 1970s and 1980s. Prochnow was named in a 2008 civil lawsuit filed against the Franciscan Friars and Old Mission Santa Barbara.
The May 2019 Santa Barbara Province Franciscans’ list notes revealed allegations that Prochnow sexually assaulted a minor between 1972 and 1975. The alleged abuse was reported to church officials in 1993. Church documents reveal additional sexual abuse allegations involving Prochnow that occurred during the 1970s and 1980s. Prochnow was also included on the Diocese of Oakland list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
In 2020, Prochnow was named on the Diocese of Stockton list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
It was last reported that Prochnow was living in an ElderCare facility in California.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.