Father Arnold Beezer
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1960-1961: Gonzaga Preparatory School (Spokane, WA)
- 1966-1972: Jesuit High School (Portland, OR)
- 1972-1974: Spanish Speaking Apostolate
- 1974-1980: St. Luke Church (Woodburn, OR)
- 1980-1987: St. Joseph Church (Yakima, WA)
- 1987-1991: St. Luke Church (Woodburn, OR)
- 1991-1992: Provincial Office (Portland, OR)
- 1992-1994: St. Vincent Hospital (Portland, OR)
- 1992-1994: Good Samaritan Hospital (Portland, OR)
- 1992-1994: Providence Medical Center (Portland, OR)
- 1994-1996: Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos, Tegucigalpa
- 1996-1997: Hospital Escuela & Hospital Materno Infantil, Tegucigalpa
- 1997-2002: Loyola Jesuit Center (Portland, OR)
- 2002-2004: Regis Community (Spokane, WA)
- 2004-2010: Harbor Crest Core Facility (Spokane, WA)
- 2010-2016: Legacy House (Post Falls, ID)
- 2016-2020: Sacred Heart Jesuit Center (Los Gatos, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Arnold Beezer:
Fr. Arnold Beezer was ordained a Jesuit priest in 1964. He spent most of his career in Washington and Oregon, and briefly in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in 2018, he was included on the Jesuits West Province list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted an allegation of child sexual abuse in the 1970s, but does not specify when it was reported. That decade, Beezer worked at Jesuit High School in Portland, St. Alexander’s in Cornelius OR, and St. Luke’s in Woodburn, OR in the Archdiocese of Portland.
Although the year is unknown, Beezer was removed from ministry an put on a safety plan at the Sacred Heart Jesuit Center in Los Gatos, California. He remained there until his death in 2020.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.