Father Walter Johnson
Diocese of San Jose (Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers)
- Sacred Heart Parish (Punahou, Oahu)
- St. Teresa’s Chinese Mission (Chicago, IL)
- Maryknoll Mission Region in Bolivia (San Pedro, La Paz)
- Maryknoll Mission Region in Bolivia (San Jose Obrero)
- Parish of Cristo Rey, Cochabamba
- Colony #1 Okinawa in Santa Cruz
- Sts. Peter and Paul Parish (Cary, IL)
- Director of the Centro San Jose (Harvard, IL)
- Sts. Peter and Paul Church (Cary, IL)
- Chaplain of St. Louise Hospital (Morgan Hill, CA)
- Chaplain for the Sister Disciples of the Divine Master (San Jose, CA)
- Mission St. Teresa’s (Maryknoll, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Walter Johnson:
Fr. Walter Johnson was ordained a Maryknoll priest in 1953, who served in multiple dioceses including in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in November 2018, his name was included on the Diocese of Rockford list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted Johnson was removed from ministry in April 1988, however, he returned to ministry in September of the same year. In 1993, he was once again removed from ministry. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Johnson’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
Fr. Johnson died in 2018.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.