Father John R. Dwyer
Diocese of Venice/Brooklyn
- 1968-1970: St. Gregory the Great (Bellerose, NY)
- 1971-1973: St. James’ Pro-Cathedral/St. James’ Cathedral (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1972-1978: Diocesan Offices and Directors-Vocations (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1974-1977: Cathedral Preparatory Seminary of the Immaculate Conception (Elmhurst, NY)
- 1978-1979: St. Vincent de Paul’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1980-1989: St. Martin of Tours-Fourteen Holy Martyrs (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1990-1996: Released from Diocesan Assignment
- 1990-1993: St. Joseph’s (Bradenton, FL)
- 1994-1996: St. Patrick’s (Sarasota, FL)
- 1997-2002: Our Lady of the Angelus (Queens, NY)
- 2003-2019: Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Father John R. Dwyer:
According to media reports, Fr. John Dwyer was permanently removed from ministry in July 2002 after credible accusations were made against him. In February 2019, Dwyer’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. The details of the allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, are unknown. His current whereabouts, status as a priest, and whether he has access to children are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Venice in Florida. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Florida, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Florida and nationwide. We can help.