Father Edmund Robinson
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1955: Alma College (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1955-1958: St. Paul’s Indian Mission (Hays, MT)
- 1958-1959: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1959-1962: St. Paul’s Indian Mission (Hays, MT)
- 1962-1964: St. Ignatius (St. Ignatius, MT)
- 1964-1966: St. Mary’s Indian Mission (Omak, WA)
- 1966-1968: St. Paul’s Indian Mission (Hays, MT)
- 1968-1972: St. Ignatius (St. Ignatius, MT)
- 1972-1973: St. Mary’s Mission (Omak, WA)
- 1973-1981: St. Ignatius (St. Ignatius, MT)
- 1981-1984: Sacred Heart (DeSmet, ID)
- 1985-1986: St. Luke’s (Woodburn, OR)
- 1986-1988: St. Thomas the Apostle (Harlem, MT)
- Unknown: St. Jude (Havre, MT)
- 1988-1993: St. Joseph Regional Medical Center (Lewiston, ID)
- 1993-2014: Regis Jesuit Community (Spokane, WA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Edmund Robinson:
Fr. Edmund Robinson was ordained a priest of the Oregon Province in 1955, who spent most of his career working at Indian Missions in Montana, Washington, Idaho, and in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in 2011, Robinson was accused of raping a 5-year-old girl in 1963 in St. Ignatius Mission, while he was serving in the Diocese of Helena. According to media reports, at least one of the plaintiffs in the civil suit filed by ten accusers alleged child sexual abuse by Robinson when he was assigned to St. Paul’s Mission Indian reservations in the 1950s and 1960s in Hays, Montana.
Robinson’s name was included on the Diocese of Helena 2015 list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. As of 2017, a total of 9 people, both men, and women have come forward with allegations of sexual abuse against Robinson.
In 2018, his name was also included on the Diocese of Great Falls-Billings list, as well as on the Jesuits West Province list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted allegations reported in 2008 in reference to abuse of a minor that took place from 1959-1964, 1963-1965, 1966-1968, 1968-1972.
Robinson died in 2014.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.