Father Walter Ferrett
Diocese of Scranton
Assigned as follows:
- 1966: Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Lake Silkworth, PA)
- 1966-1969: Saint Stanislaus (Nanticoke, PA)
- 1969-1973: Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary (Scranton, PA)
- 1973-1982: Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Dickson City, PA)
- 1982-1990: Saint Stanislaus, Nanticoke, (Nanticoke, PA)
- 1990-1991: Saints Peter and Paul (Plains, PA)
- 1991-2005: Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary (Scranton, PA)
- 2005-2007: Villa Saint Joseph (Scranton, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Walter Ferrett:
Father Walter Ferrett was ordained a priest in 1966, who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Scranton. He was assigned to parishes in Lake Silkworth, Nanticoke, Scranton, Dickson City, and Plains over his tenure. According to media reports, in 2020, he was named on the Diocese of Scranton 2020 List of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the alleged abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Fr. Ferrett died in 2008.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Pennsylvania and nationwide. We can help.