Monsignor Thomas Robillard
Diocese of Ogdensburg
- Church of the Assumption (Redford, NY)
- Our Lady of Victory Church (Plattsburgh, NY)
- St. Henry’s Church (DeKalb Junction, NY)
- St. Mary’s Church (Constableville, NY)
- St. Mary’s of the Fort Church (Fort Covington, NY)
- St. John the Baptist Church (Keeseville, NY)
- St. Catherine’s Church (Keeseville, NY)
- St. Francis Solanus (Harrisville, NY)
- St. Rita’s (Lake Bonaparte, NY)
- St. Martin’s Church (Port Leyden, NY)
- St. John’s Church (Lyons Falls, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Monsignor Thomas Robillard:
Monsignor Thomas Robillard was ordained to the priesthood in the Diocese of Ogdensburg in 1944. He served in multiple parishes throughout his career. According to media reports, in February 2021, he was named a lawsuit was filed in the state Supreme Court against the Diocese of Ogdensburg, alleging that he sexually abused a child between 1970 and 1973 at St. John the Baptist Church in Keeseville, NY. No further details about the abuse have been released. The suit also claims that the Diocese of Ogdensburg knew or “reasonably should have known” of Monsignor Robillard’s propensities to commit acts of sexual assault.
Monsignor Robillard retired in 1993 and lived in Norfolk until he died in 2009. He was 91 years old.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Ogdensburg in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused as a child in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Ogdensburg now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.