Fr. Alphonse Rodrigue Hemond
Diocese of Baton Rouge (Missionaries of Our Lady of La Salette)
Assigned as Follows:
- (West Warwick, RI)
- (Hearst, Ontario, Canada)
- (Cochrane, Ontario, Canada)
- (Foleyet, Ontario, Canada)
- St. Joseph Cathedral (Baton Rouge, LA)
- St. Thomas More (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
- St. Pius X Catholic Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
- St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Immaculate Heart of Mary (Maringouin, LA)
- Christ the King (Houston, TX)
- Most Holy Trinity Church (Trinity, TX)
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church (Hitchcock. TX)
- Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart (Houston, TX)
- St. Dominic Catholic Church (Houston, TX)
- St. Francis of the Tejas Catholic Church (Crockett, TX)
- St. John the Baptist Catholic Church (Hungerford, TX)
- St. Joseph Catholic Church (Brazoria, TX)
- St. Mary Catholic Church (Cleveland, TX)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Alponse Rodrigue Hemond:
Fr. Alponse Rodrigue Hemond was ordained a priest in 1949, and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Baton Rouge. In February 2019, his name was added to its list of credible allegations of sexual abuse of one or more minors or vulnerable adults which allegedly occurred within the Diocese of Baton Rouge after its formation in 1961. The diocese received three allegations of sexual misconduct: one in December of 1992 and two in the spring of 2002.
The alleged abuse occurred during the 1960’s when Fr. Hemond was assigned to St. Thomas More in Baton Rouge, LA. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims and the nature of the alleged sexual abuse was not provided by the Diocese of Baton Rouge. Fr. Hemond left the Diocese of Baton Rouge in 1968.
According to media reports, Fr. Hemond’s name also appeared on the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston’s clergy disclosure list on February 4, 2019. The archdiocese did not include any information regarding the date of the allegations, the nature of the alleged abuse, or the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Baton Rouge in Louisiana. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Louisiana, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Baton Rouge may now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Louisiana and nationwide. We can help.