Father Austin Park
Diocese of Lafayette (Jesuit)
Assigned as follows:
- Jesuit High School (Shreveport, LA)
- Jesuit High School (New Orleans, LA)
- Spring Hill College (Mobile, AL)
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish and Shrine (San Antonio, TX)
- Colegio San Ignacio, Río Piedras, Puerto Rico
- Jesuit High School (El Paso, TX)
- Gesù Parish (Miami, FL)
- Christ the King Church (Grand Coteau, LA)
- Sacred Heart Church (Tampa, FL)
- Immaculate Conception Parish (New Orleans, LA)
- St. Joseph Church (Houston, TX)
- St. Mary’s Church (Greenville, S.C.)
- Our Lady of the Rosary (Greenville, S.C.)
- Sacred Heart Parish (El Paso, TX)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Austin Park:
Fr. Austin Park was ordained a Jesuit priest in 1955 and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Lafayette. According to media reports, in 2013, a family member reported that the priest had abused two children in the Archdiocese of San Antonio in the late 1950s-early 1960s, which were deemed to be credible. According to the Jesuits, by the time the complaints were made, he already had been removed from ministry due to dementia.
In 2018, Fr. Park was named publicly as accused by the Jesuits’ Central and Southern Province. The abuse allegedly occurred in the 1960s.
In 2019, Fr. Park was included in the Archdiocese of San Antonio, Diocese of Charleston, and Diocese of Lake Charles List of Jesuits with Credible Accusations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, the nature of the alleged sexual abuse, or Fr. Park’s assignments at the time of the alleged abuse is unknown.
Fr. Park died in 2013.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Lafayette in Louisiana. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Louisiana, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Lafayette may now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Louisiana and nationwide. We can help.