Father Michael Hannon
Diocese of Alexandria
- 1953: St. Anthony’s (Bunkie, LA)
- 1954: St. Rita’s (Alexandria, LA)
- 1955-1956: St. Matthew’s (Monroe, LA)
- 1957-1963: St. Joseph’s (Monroe, LA)
- 1964-1970: Absent On Leave
- 1967: St. Augustine’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1968: St. Anthony of Padua (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1969-1973: St. Joseph’s (Long Island City, NY)
- 1972-1982: On Duty Outside the Diocese
- 1974: Our Lady of Miracles (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1975-1995: St. Luke’s (Whitestone, NY)
- 1977-1978: Our Lady of Miracles (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1996: Retired; Ozanam Hall (Bayside, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Michael Hannon
In February 2019, the Diocese of Alexandria publicly named Fr. Michael Hannon on its list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of a minor. According to the list, Fr. Hannon’s file revealed multiple allegations of sexual conduct and abuse of male minors in the 1960s.
The Permanent Review Board, which evaluates all allegations of clerical sexual misconduct involving minors, reviewed the evidence and determined the allegations were credible. Further details about the nature and scope of the abuse are not publicly available.
Ordained in 1952, Fr. Michael Hannon spent approximately 44 years in public ministry before his retirement in 1996. Fr. Hannon died in 2000.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Alexandria in Louisiana. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Louisiana, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Alexandria may now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Louisiana and nationwide. We can help.