Father Austin Park
Diocese of Lake Charles (Jesuits)
Assigned as follows:
- Jesuit High School (Shreveport, LA)
- Jesuit High School (New Orleans, LA)
- Spring Hill College (Mobile, AL)
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish and Shrine (San Antonio, TX)
- Colegio San Ignacio, Río Piedras, Puerto Rico
- Jesuit High School (El Paso, TX)
- Gesù Parish (Miami, FL)
- Christ the King Church (Grand Coteau, LA)
- Sacred Heart Church (Tampa, FL)
- Immaculate Conception Parish (New Orleans, LA)
- St. Joseph Church (Houston, TX)
- St. Mary’s Church (Greenville, S.C.)
- Our Lady of the Rosary (Greenville, S.C.)
- Sacred Heart Parish (El Paso, TX)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Austin Park:
Fr. Austin Park was ordained a priest of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) in 1955. He was assigned in the Archdiocese to Our Lady of Guadalupe in San Antonio from 1957-1958 and from 1961-1963. He also served in the Diocese of Lake Charles.
According to media reports, in 2013, a family member informed the Archdiocese that Park had
abused two children while he was serving there in the late 1950’s and early 1960’s. Though the priest was already out of ministry due to dementia when the allegations were received, the Archdiocese found the family member to be credible.
In 2018, Fr. Park was named publicly as accused by the Jesuits’ Central and Southern Province. It noted an allegation of abuse was reported in the 1960s.
In 2019, Fr. Park was included on multiple dioceses lists of of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse including in the Archdiocese of San Antonio, Diocese of Charleston, and Diocese of Lake Charles List of Jesuits with Credible Accusations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.
Fr. Park died in 2013.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Lake Charles in Louisiana. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Louisiana, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Lake Charles may now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Louisiana and nationwide. We can help.