Father Roger McQuarrie
Diocese of Paterson (Franciscan Friars)
Assigned as follows:
- Bishop Timon-St. Jude High School (Buffalo, NY)
- St Francis of Assisi Priory (New York, NY)
- Military Chaplain
- St. Mary (Pompton Lakes, NJ)
- St. Anthony Shrine (Boston, MA)
- Our Lady of the Rosary (Worchester, MA)
- Kennedy Youth Center (Morgantown, WV)
- St. Mary Hospital (Waterbury, CT)
- St. Joseph Hospital (Tampa, FL)
- St. Francis (Triangle, VA)
- St. Anthony Friary (St. Petersburg, FL)
- Holy Name Friary (Ringwood, NJ)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Fr. Roger McQuarrie:
Fr. Roger McQuarrie was a Franciscan Friar for 52 years. During that time, he was active in parish, school, and military ministry. Fr. McQuarrie entered the Franciscan Order at St. Bonaventure Monastery in 1943. He was ordained in a priest in the Diocese of Paterson in 1950.
According to media reports, in 2021, the Franciscan Friars Holy Name Province publicly named Fr. Roger McQuarrie on its list of friars with substantiated allegations of child sexual abuse. Information about the dates, age/gender of his alleged victim/victims, and the nature of the alleged sexual abuse was not provided by the Franciscan Province.
Fr. Roger McQuarrie died in 1995.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Paterson. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Paterson, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Paterson now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.