Father Rudolph Vorisek
Archdiocese of Baltimore/Los Angeles (Paulists)
- 1956-1957: St. Paul’s College (Washington, DC)
- 1957-1968: St. Peter’s Minor Seminary (Baltimore, MD)
- 1968-1976: St. Mark’s University Parish (Isla Vista, CA)
- 1972-1976: University of California at Santa Barbara (Isla Vista, CA)
- 1976-1984: Catholic Information Center (Grand Rapids, MI)
- 1977-1984: Christ of the King Chapel (Grand Rapids, MI)
- 1985-2005: St. Paul the Apostle (New York, NY)
- 1992-1994: St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center (New York, NY)
- 1999-2011: Paulist Fathers Generalate (Queens, NY)
- 2007-2011: Paulist Fathers’ Motherhouse (New York, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Father Rudolph Vorisek:
Father Rudolph Vorisek was ordained a Paulist priest in 1956 and served in the Archdiocese of Baltimore and in Los Angeles. According to media reports, in January 2013, his name was quietly added, along with 23 others, to the Los Angeles Archdiocese’s Final Addendum of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors posted on its website. It noted incidents of child sexual abuse from 1966 to 1970 were reported in 2013. It lists 49 “names of clergy from a follow-up review of Archdiocesan files, and names of clergy involved in Clergy I litigation which was not previously posted.” The Los Angeles Times reports that the 24 names were disclosed in a report posted on the archdiocese’s website in January 2013, along with 12,000 pages of internal records detailing how the church dealt with abuse claims.
In 2019, the Paulist Fathers reported that in 2013 the Archdiocese of Los Angeles received an allegation of sexual abuse by Father Vorisek that occurred in 1970. His name appeared on the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s 2019 updated list of Archdiocese of Baltimore’s Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of Minors list, and it also appeared on the Paulists’ list that same year. In April 2023, Maryland’s Attorney General released a report alleging 156 Catholic clergy members sexually abused at least 600 children over six decades. The report lists the names of the abusers, including Father Vorisek.
Fr. Vorisek died in 2011.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Baltimore in Maryland. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Maryland, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse nationwide. We can help. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.