Br. Claude Ory
Archdiocese of Baltimore/Jesuits
- 1959-1961 Spring Hill College/Jesuit House of Studies, Mobile, AL
- 1961-1963 Jesuit High School, El Paso, TX
- John Co-Cathedral, Shreveport, LA
- 1963-1966 Loyola University, New Orleans, LA
- 1966-1967 Jesuit College Preparatory School, Dallas, TX
- 1968-1969 Ignatius House Retreat Center, Atlanta, GA
- 1971-1981 Jesuit High School, New Orleans, LA
- 1981-1987 Spring Hill College, Mobile, AL
- 1987-1994 Jesuit College Preparatory School, Dallas, TX
- 1995-1999 Spring Hill College, Mobile, AL
- 1999-2000 Ignatius House Retreat Center, Atlanta, GA
- 2000-2007 Loyola University Maryland, Baltimore, MD
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Br. Claude Ory:
Br. Claude Ory was one of the individuals identified by the Jesuit Order as having been credibly accused of sexually abusing minors during their tenure with the order. Br. Claude Ory was assigned within the Archdiocese of Baltimore between 2000 and 2007.
According to the Jesuit’s report on credibly accused clergy, a man reported in 2002 having been sexually abused by Br. Ory in the mid-1990s, when the victim was an 18-year-old recent Jesuit graduate. The victim worked as part of the campus maintenance crew, where Br. Ory got the victim drunk. Br. Ory took the victim to an off-campus apartment, where he attempted to sexually abuse the victim.
In 2007, Br. Ory was removed from the Baltimore campus of Loyola College following the surfacing of several sexual abuse allegations against him. Br. Ory was accused in a lawsuit that year for the repeated sexual abuse of a Jesuit High Student between 1974 and 1977, beginning when the victim was 14 years old. Br. Ory was then removed from ministry. The lawsuit was settled out of court.
Br. Ory’s name appears on the Jesuit’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexually abusing minors. Br. Ory’s name also appears on the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexually abusing minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Baltimore in Maryland. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Maryland, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse nationwide. We can help. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.