Br. “Damian” John McMahon
Archdiocese of Baltimore/Xaverian Brothers
- 1946-1947 Francis de Sales High School, Utica, NY
- 1948-1951 Matthew’s School, Brooklyn, NY
- 1951-1952 Working Boys’ Home, Newton Highlands, MA
- 1952-1957 Francis de Sales High School, Utica, NY
- 1957-1965 St. Joseph High School, Baltimore, MD
- 1965-1974 Xavier High School, Louisville, KY
- 1974-1978 Tampa Catholic High School, Tampa, FL
- 1978-1983 Ryken High School, Leonardtown, MD
- 1983-1984 Joseph Regional High School, Montvale, NJ
- 1984-1987 Don Bosco College, Newton, NJ
- 1987-1988 Xaverian High School, Brooklyn, NY
- 1988-1990 Nazareth High School, Brooklyn, NY
- 2010- Placed on Safety Plan
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Br. John McMahon:
Br. (Damian) John J. McMahon was one of the priests identified by the Maryland Attorney General as having been accused of sexually abusing minors and having resided in or been assigned in the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
In 2010, the Xaverian Brothers received a report that Br. McMahon had sexually abused a minor in the late 1980s. Br. McMahon was then placed on a safety plan that restricted his interactions with minors.
Br. McMahon’s name appears on the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s list of priests credibly accused of sexually abusing minors. Br. McMahon’s name also appears on the Xaverian Brothers’ list of brothers credibly accused of sexually abusing minors.
According to the Xaverian Brothers’ list, Br. McMahon died in 2015.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Baltimore in Maryland. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Maryland, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse nationwide. We can help. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.