Br. Eugene Morgan
Archdiocese of Baltimore/
Congregation of Christian Brothers
- 1953-1957 Scholasticate, Elkins Park, PA
- 1957-1958 Brother, St. Gabriel’s Hall, Audubon, PA
- 1958-1962 Brother, Central Catholic High School, Canton, OH
- 1962-1964 Brother, St. Francis Vocational, Eddington, PA
- 1964-1966 Brother, Central Catholic High School, Canton, OH
- 1966-1977 Brother, Calvert Hall College High School, Baltimore, MD
- 1977-1978 Brother, De La Salle Vocational, Bensalem, PA
- 1978-1985 Brother, La Salle College High School, Wyndmoor, PA
- 1985-1993 Maintenance staff/Brother, St. Mary’s Hall, Philadelphia, PA
- 1993-2000 Maintenance staff/Brother, St. Patrick’s Parish, Edwards, CO
- 2000-2002 Maintenance staff/Brother, St. Clare Parish, Edwards, CO
- 2002-2019 Retired, La Salle Hall, Beltsville, MD
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Br. Eugene Morgan:
Br. Morgan was one of the 156 priests identified by the Maryland Attorney General as having been accused of sexually abusing minors during their tenure with the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
According to the Attorney General’s report, a victim reported in 2018 having been sexually abused by Br. Morgan in the late 1970s. The victim was a member of the swim team at Calvert Hall College High School in Baltimore, where Br. Morgan would often require the boys to swim naked. On one of these occasions, Br. Morgan sexually assaulted the victim while the victim was standing on the pool deck.
According to the report, a man reported that when he was a student at Calvert Hall, Br. Morgan would watch the students undress in the pool area. The man also reported that Br. Morgan punched a student, knocking out a tooth.
According to the report, a teacher at Calvert Hall reported that Br. Morgan would swim naked with the students. The teacher also reported that Br. Morgan threw typewriters at his students.
Br. Morgan’s name does not appear on the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s list of priests credibly accused of sexual misconduct with a minor.
According to the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools, Br. Morgan died in 2019.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Baltimore in Maryland. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Maryland, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse nationwide. We can help. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.