Fr. Benedict Mawn
Archdiocese of Baltimore/Passionists
- 1955-1957 Joseph’s Monastery Parish, Baltimore, MD
- 1960-1962 Joseph’s Monastery Parish, Baltimore, MD
- 1962-1963 Gabriel Monastery, Brighton, MA
- 1963-1968 Our Mother of Sorrows Monastery, West Springfield, MA
- 1968-1969 Passionist Fathers, Worcester, MA
- 1969-1978 Gabriel Monastery, Brighton, MA
- 1978-1979 Catherine of Siena, Norwood, MA
- 1979-1984 Mary, Winchester, MA
- 1984-1989 Louis de France, Lowell, MA
- 1989-1999 Mark, Londonderry, NH
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Fr. Benedict Mawn:
Fr. Benedict Mawn was one of the 156 priests identified by the Maryland Attorney General as having been accused of sexually abusing minors during their tenure with the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
According to the Attorney General’s report, a victim reported in 2002 that they had been sexually abused by Fr. Mawn in the late 1940s or early 1950s, when the victim was approximately 10 to 14 years old.
According to the report, Fr. Mawn was accused in a civil suit alleging sexual abuse of a minor in Brighton, MA. The suit was brought forward in 2005, alleging that Fr. Mawn had sexually abused the victim in 1976.
Fr. Mawn’s name appears on the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s list of priests credibly accused of sexually abusing minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Baltimore in Maryland. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Maryland, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse nationwide. We can help. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.