Fr. Neil P. McLaughlin
Archdiocese of Baltimore/Jesuit Order
- 1959-1960 Woodstock College, Woodstock, MD
- 1960-1962 Our Lady of Martyrs Tertianship, Auriesville, NY
- 1961-1964 Scranton Preparatory School, Scranton, PA
- 1964-1965 Paul the Apostle, Highland Park, NJ
- 1965-1983 Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- 1965-1986 Scranton Preparatory School, Scranton, PA
- 1971-1995 John Bosco, Conyngham, PA
- 1983-2006 University of Scranton, Scranton, PA
- 2006-2008 Jesuit Fathers and Brothers Maryland Provincial Curia, Baltimore, MD
- 2008-2010 Colombiere Jesuit Community, Baltimore, MD
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Fr. Neil P. McLaughlin:
Fr. Neil P. McLaughlin is one of the priests identified by the Maryland Attorney General as having been accused of sexually abusing minors and having resided in or been assigned in the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
According to media reports, in 2010, Jesuit officials in Maryland investigated allegations that Fr. McLaughlin sexually abused minors in Scranton, PA. During the investigation, Fr. McLaughlin admitted to additional victims of similar sexual misconduct.
Fr. McLaughlin was removed from ministry in 2006 following a credible accusation of sexual misconduct and the discovery of an earlier allegation.
Fr. McLaughlin’s name appears on the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s list of priests accused of sexual misconduct with minors. Fr. McLaughlin’s name also appears on the Diocese of Scranton’s list of priests credibly accused of sexual misconduct with a minor. Fr. McLaughlin’s name also appears on the Maryland Jesuit’s list of Jesuits credibly accused of sexual misconduct with a minor.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Baltimore in Maryland. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Maryland, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse nationwide. We can help. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.