Fr. William Virtue
Archdiocese of Baltimore/Diocese of Joliet/Diocese of Peoria
- 1986-1988 Sacred Heart, Campus, IL
- 1986-1988 St. Mary’s, Loretto, IL
- 1989 St. Mary’s, Odell, IL
- 1989 Sacred Heart, Campus, IL
- 1990-1991 Sacre Coeur, Creve Coeur, IL
- 1991 St. Joseph Home, Lacon, IL
- 1992 Sacred Heart, Granville, IL
- 1992 St. Theresa, Cedar Point, IL
- 1993-1996 Sacred Heart, Campus, IL
- 1993-1996 St. Mary’s, Loretto, IL
- 1996-1999 St. Theresa, Earlville, IL
- 1991-2001 Mt. St. Mary Seminary, Emmittsburg, MD
- 2001-2003 Sacred Heart, Farmer City, IL
- 2001-2003 St. John, Bellflower
- 2005 St. Theresa, Earlville, IL
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Fr. William Virtue:
Fr. William Virtue is one of the priests identified by the Maryland Attorney General as having been accused of sexually abusing minors and having resided in or been assigned in the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
According to media reports, a man reported in 2006 having been sexually abused by Fr. Virtue at St. Mary’s Church in the Diocese of Joliet in the 1980s, when he was 10 years old. The victim filed a civil lawsuit against the Diocese of Joliet in 2006.
According to the Diocese of Peoria, Fr. Virtue was removed from ministry in 2006.
Fr. Virtue’s name appears on the Diocese of Rockford’s list of priests credibly accused of sexually abusing minors. Fr. Virtue’s name also appears on the Diocese of Joliet’s list of priests accused of sexually abusing minors. Fr. Virtue’s name also appears on the Diocese of Peoria’s list of priests accused of sexually abusing minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Baltimore in Maryland. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Maryland, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse nationwide. We can help. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.