Father Martin Van Trieste
Diocese of Paterson/Trinitarian priest
Assigned as follows:
- 1945-1950: Holy Ghost Missionary Cenacle, AL)
- 1950-1951: Holy Ghost Missionary Cenacle (Sterling, NJ)
- 1951-1953: Our Lady of the Holy Rosary (Tucker, MS); St. Catherine (Indian) (Conehatta, MS); St. Francis Xavier (Pearl River, MS)
- 1953-1955: Holy Trinity Missionary Cenacle (Silver Springs, MD)
- 1955-1963: Sacred Heart (Lorain, OH)
- 1963-1969: Nuestra Senora de Lourdes (San Juan, Puerto Rico); Nuestra Senora de Lourdes (Santa Bernadita, Puerto Rico)
- 1971-1976: San Patricio (Loiza Aldea, Puerto Rico); Medianaia Baja (Villa Canona, Pinones, Santiago, Puerto Rico)
- 1977-1983: Chapel of the Sacred Heart (Lorain, OH)
- 1983-1984: Our Lady of Victory (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1987-1989: Diocesan Hispanic Office (Cleveland, OH)
- 1990-1992: Our Lady of Victory ( Los Angeles, CA)
- 1993-1994: Holy Spirit Novitiate (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1994-1996: Trinity Missions (Mexico)
- 1997-2000: Resurrection del Senor (Canovanas, Puerto Rico); Nuestra Senora de la Providencia (Puerto Rico)
- 2000-2002: Unknown
- 2002-2007: Missionary Servants of the Most Holy Trinity (Adelphi, MD)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Martin Van Trieste:
Fr. Martin Van Trieste was a member of the Missionary Servants of the Most Holy Trinity order. According to media reports, in 2002, Van Trieste was accused in a lawsuit alleging that he sexually abused five men in the 1960s and 1970s. At the time, they were young boys and members of Van Trieste’s touring singing group for Latino boys, “The Little Martins”. Two of the victims who initially filed suit were between the ages of 6 and 12 years old at the time of the abuse.
Van Trieste retired in 2005 and died in 2007.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Paterson. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Paterson, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Paterson now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.