Father Edward Horgan
Diocese of Rockville Centre
Assigned as follows:
- 1961 College of the Sacred Heart (Woodstock, MD)
- 1977 Novitiate of St. Isaac Jaques (Wernersville, PA)
- 1962-1964 Our Lady of Martyrs (Auriesville, NY)
- 1978-1982 Saint Andrew Hall (Syracuse, NY)
- 1965-1970 Regis High School (New York, NY)
- 1983-1994 St. Ignatius Retreat House, Inisfada (Manhasset, NY)
- 1971-1976 Director of High Schools, Jesuit Provincial Office (New York, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Father Edward Horgan:
Father Edward Horgan was ordained a priest of the Jesuit order in 1960. He was assigned to various parishes throughout Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania. In January 2019, his name was included on the Jesuit’s list of “USA Northeast Province Jesuits with Credible Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.” According to media reports, in 2007, an allegation of abuse was reported that Father Horgan sexually abused a boy in 1966. The priest was working at Regis High School in New York City, New York at the time of the alleged abuse.
He died in 1994 while living in Long Island, NY.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.