Father James Miller
Diocese of Rockville Centre
Assigned as follows:
- 1983-1986: Sacred Heart (Cutchogue, NY)
- 1987: Most Holy Trinity (East Hampton, NY)
- 1986-1992: St. John Baptist High School (West Islip, NY)
- 1992-1993: St. Anthony of Padua (East Northpoint, NY)
- 1994: Special Assignment; St. Mary’s of the Mountains (Virginia City, NV)
- 1993-1996: St. Gerald Majella (Port Jefferson, NY)
- 1993-1997: St. Charles/Mather Hospital (Port Jefferson, NY)
- 1996-1997: St. Anne’s (Garden City, NY)
- 1998-2000: St. Therese (Montauk, NY)
- 2001-2004: Absent on Leave
- 2005-2019: Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Father James Miller:
According to media reports, in 1994, Father James Miller and the Diocese of Rockville Centre were named in a lawsuit that alleged that Fr. Miller sexually abused two teenage boys at St. John the Baptist High School in West Islip, New York.
He was removed from working with children and sent to Catholic University in Washington, DC to study canon law. The case was settled and sealed to the public, but sources have reported that the Diocese made a cash settlement and agreed to pay for the survivors’ therapy. Father Miller denied the allegations and said the suit was settled without his permission.
He is believed to currently be living in Riverhead, New York. Fr. Miller is listed on the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s 2021 List of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.