Father James Fedor
Diocese of Richmond
Assigned as follows:
- 1973-1977 Holy Trinity (Swoyersville, PA)
- 1977-1979 St. Peter’s (Scranton, PA)
- 1979-1980 St. John the Evangelist (Scranton, PA)
- 1980-1982 St. Rose of Lima (Carbondale, PA)
- 1982-/1983 St. Patrick’s (Scranton, PA)
- 1983-1983 St. Mary’s (Avoca, PA)
- 1983-1984 Holy Family Residence (Scranton, PA)
- 1984-1985 St. Joseph (Wilkes -Bane, PA)
- 1985-1986 Holy Ghost (Olyphant, PA)
- 1986-1987 Christ the King (Dunmore, PA)
- 1987-1991 Holy Family Residence (Scranton, PA)
- 1991 Indefinite leave of Absence
- 1994 Laicized
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father James Fedor:
According to media reports, Father James Fedor’s name appeared publicly as accused in the 2018 Pennsylvania Grand Jury Report. It noted that he received counseling from 1981 to 1986 due to his desire for contact with young girls. From 1986 to 1987 he underwent psychological evaluation and treatment. In July 1991, he went on an indefinite leave of absence from ministry. He was laicized in May 1994.
According to the grand jury report, in November 2012 the Diocese of Scranton received an anonymous letter from a woman who claimed that Father Fedor sexually abused over a two-year period beginning in 1978 when she was age 10. She stated that he engaged in grooming behavior which led to the sexual abuse.
In August 2018, Father Fedor’s name appeared on the Diocese of Scranton’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. In February, 2019, his name appeared on the Diocese of Richmond’s list.
Fedor’s last known location was Bloomsburg, PA.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Richmond. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Richmond, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Richmond now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at 888-283-9922 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss your options today.