Father Andrew C. Dittrich
Archdiocese of New York/Jesuits
- 1961-1962: Woodstock College (Woodstock, MD)
- 1962-1963: Our Lady of Martyrs Tertianship of the Society of Jesus (Auriesville, NY)
- 1963-1966: Fordham University, (New York, NY)
- 1967-1973: Jesuit Missions (Philippine Islands, New York Province)
- 1970-1977: Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ)
- 1977-1989 Rider College (Lawrenceville, NJ)
- 1979 -1990: Jesuit Provincial’s Office (New York, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Andrew Dittrich:
Ordained a Jesuit priest in 1960, Fr. Andrew Dittrich was accused in 2002 and again in 2018 of sexually abusing minors between 1966 and 1976. Dittrich served at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, Rider College in Lawrenceville, NJ, and Fordham University in the Bronx, NY, at the time the abuse occurred. The allegations were deemed credible after the investigation.
Dittrich was named on the Jesuit list of “USA Northeast Province Jesuits with Credible Allegations of Sexual Abuse of a Minor” released in March of 2019. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred or the victim’s age/gender are unknown.
In 2021, Dittrich was included on the Diocese of Rockville Centre list, which notes that alleged abuse occurred at a family member’s apartment.
Dittrich died in 1990.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.