Father Albert Duggan
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Assigned as follows:
- 1932-1933 St. Cecilia’s Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1934-1935 Christ the King Parish (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1936-1939 Holy Cross Church (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1940-1941 St. Mary’s Church (Santa Maria, CA)
- 1942-1943 St. Brendan’s Parish (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1944 St. John’s Church (Inglewood, CA)
- 1945-1947 St. Joseph’s Parish (Pomona, CA)
- 1948 Our Lady of Victory Church (Compton, CA)
- 1949-1950 St. Isadore Church (Los Alamitos, CA)
- 1951-1952 Military Chaplain
- 1953-1976 St. Frances of Rome Catholic Church (Azusa, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Albert Joseph Duggan:
Father Albert Joseph Duggan was ordained a priest in 1932, and served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, serving as a priest for more than 40 years. According to media reports, he was accused in a 2001 report to the Los Angeles police of sexually abusing a 12-year old boy. In November 2003, he was also accused in a civil lawsuit of sexually abusing a minor boy from 1963 to 1967 at the same parish. A third allegation accusing Father Duggan of child sex abuse from 1955 to 1960 at St. Frances was also reported.
In July 2007, the 2001 complainant was included in the $660 million settlement with more than 500 victims of clergy sexual abuse from the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. In January 2013, Father Duggan’s personnel file “proffer” was released which implied that he was not Father Duggan’s only victim, and that church officials knew he was an abuser.
In 2018, Father Duggan’s name was included in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ list of priests accused of child sexual abuse.
He retired in 1977 and died in 1979.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.