Father Michael Hunt
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Assigned as follows:
- 1939-1942 St. Rose of Lima (Maywood, CA)
- 1943-1946 St. Robert Bellarmine (Burbank, CA)
- 1947-1950 St. Victor (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1948 Incardinated into Archdiocese of Los Angeles
- 1951-1953 SS. Peter and Paul (Wilmington, CA)
- 1954-1957 St. Alphonsus (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1958-1983 Epiphany (El Monte, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Michael Hunt:
Father Michael Hunt was ordained a priest in 1939, who served in multiple parishes in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. According to media reports, he was named in a civil lawsuit alleging that he sexually abused a minor girl from 1957 to 1958, while she was a student at Epiphany School in El Monte.
Father Hunt’s name appeared on the Archdiocese of Los Angeles’ 2004 list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
He died in 1984.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in California State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Los Angeles and nationwide. We can help.