Fr. Thomas J. Doyle
Archdiocese of Baltimore/Marianists/Norwich
- 1967-1973: Cardinal Gibbons High School (Baltimore, MD)
- 1970-1971: Marianist Formation Center (Baltimore, MD)
- 1971: St. Paul (Ellicott City, MD)
- Cathedral Latin School (Cleveland, OH)
- Chaminade Mineola High School (Mineola, NY)
- Hamilton High School (Hamilton, OH)
- 1970s-1980s: Sacred Heart Church (Vernon, CT)
- 1980s: St. Bernard Parish (Rockville, CT)
- 1980s: St. James High School (Chester, PA)
- St. Joseph Parish (New London, CT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Father Thomas J. Doyle
Fr. Thomas J. Doyle was ordained a Marianist priest in 1974 and worked in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. In 2020, Fr. Doyle was listed on the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of Minors list. In April 2023, Maryland’s Attorney General released a report alleging 156 Catholic clergy members sexually abused at least 600 children over six decades. The report lists the names of the abusers, including Fr. Doyle.
According to media reports, in the 1994 civil suit, two twin brothers accused Doyle of abusing them over a 10-year period beginning in 1979 when the boys were 14 years old. At the time of the alleged abuse, Doyle was a pastor at Sacred Heart in Vernon, CT. Two more boys came forward to accuse Doyle of sexual abuse in 1994. The details of their allegations are unknown.
In February 2019, Fr. Doyle’s name was included on the Diocese of Norwich’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors under the heading “priests belonging to a religious order who served in the Diocese of Norwich.” The Marianists Province of New York publicly named Doyle on their credibly accused list in 2020.
Fr. Thomas Doyle died in 2007.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Baltimore in Maryland. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Maryland, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse nationwide. We can help. Contact us at 888-283-9922 or [email protected] to discuss your options today.